Markus studied Law at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität of Munich, Germany, and received his Ph.D. at the Max-Planck-Institute for Foreign and International patent, copyright and competition Law.
German, English, French, and Spanish (basic knowledge)
- Trademarks, tradenames, industrial designs; all aspects related to rights concerning company names and internet domain names
- Litigation matters in all fields of Intellectual Property rights, in particular trademarks, tradenames and patents, and in the field of unfair competition law, anti-counterfeiting and internet domain names
- Trademark portfolio management (counseling clients on acquisition, clearance and maintenance of Intellectual Property designs, company names and internet domains)
- Intellectual Property Due Diligence with regard to trademarks, tradenames and designs
- Contractual work, especially in licensing matters in all fields of Intellectual Property law